Wainlands grille types & specifications
- All grille types can be used for walls, cabinet tops, ceilings, or floors (reinforcement may be needed for floor application).
- All types can be used for either supply or return.
- All types can be made to order in any feasable size. There are no "stock" sizes except Wainlands Standard in Stock 15° Bar Grilles.
- No grilles are made with dampers (operable louvers). It is possible to add this feature onto certain grilles.
- Amount of open area required depends on HVAC system. Forced air generally requires more than radiant systems.
- Made from sheet material in a single flat metal piece.
- Available thicknesses are 1/16" and 1/8", but can vary if required.
- Design shapes are punched or laser cut out to make pattern.
- Pattern shape proportions are constant. Border sizes vary depending upon the size of grille.
- Border sizes range from 1/2" on small grilles to 1" on large grilles. These borders decorate and hide the edges of the opening.
- Typically, grilles are mounted with screws.