Wainlands grille types & specifications
- All grille types can be used for walls, cabinet tops, ceilings, or floors (reinforcement may be needed for floor application).
- All types can be used for either supply or return.
- All types can be made to order in any feasable size. There are no "stock" sizes except Wainlands Standard in Stock 15° Bar Grilles.
- No grilles are made with dampers (operable louvers). It is possible to add this feature onto certain grilles.
- Amount of open area required depends on HVAC system. Forced air generally requires more than radiant systems.
Bar or Linear
- Constructed with angled linear bars attached to a frame.
- 0, 15 and 30 degree deflection angles are available to direct the air in a desired direction. Grilles on cabinets usually use a 15 degree angle, and return air grilles usually use zero degrees.
- Mounting style, thickness, and deflections are illustrated on pages 16-19 ( pdf catalog ).